D & L Auto Glass and More sells RV’s, Travel Trailers, 5th Wheels including parts and accessories to our Canadian friends each year. As you go through our website, be aware that all prices are in U.S. Dollars.
Please don’t let the fact that there is a Border between us keep you from saving hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on your next RV, Travel Trailer, 5th Wheel, parts & accessories.
Following is a list of items that we have compiled you will need to take care of (with our help) in order to import your new rv into Canada. We will provide you with all paperwork necessary to import your unit across the Canadian Border.
1) Obtain a Recall Clearance Letter – This will allow you to pass the Federal Inspection. (D & L Auto Glass and More will supply this to you during our paperwork process.)
2) Purchase Order – Bill Of Sale (D & L Auto Glass and More will provide you this during our paperwork process).
3) Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MCO) (D & L Auto Glass and More will supply this to you during our paperwork process.)
4) Fees to be paid at Border – (All fees are the responsibility of customer.)
All Canadian customers will pay $195 + GST. This is paid to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles.
In addition to RIV Fee – The following will apply:
5% GST AND 8% HST
GST + QST
Canada Border Services Agency does not accept cash or checks for the RIV Fee.
5) Once your new RV enters Canada you will have 45 days for vehicle inspection and to complete any modifications that are needed. Canadian Tire will perform all Federal Inspections as well as Provincial Inspections.
6) We handle payment as follows:
A deposit of $1000 is required for any purchase of a new unit with our company.
For our Canadian customers, this can be done with any major credit card.
All deposits are non-refundable.
If a down payment is required, this may be paid with a cashier’s check or wire transfer. Wire transfer will require 7 business days prior to taking delivery of your unit. Cashier’s checks may be presented at time of delivery.
Complete balance payments may be paid using the following methods only:
1. Wire Transfer 7 business days prior to pick-up/delivery date.
2. Cash or Cashiers Check.
3. Canadian customers can pay by cashiers check but have to present that check during business hours so that D & L Auto Glass and More can verify funds with the Canadian bank.
4. Canadians having their units delivered will have to submit a wire transfer or send a copy of cashiers check before delivery for verification. Cashiers Checks Must Be Bank Issued – Personal Checks Stamped Certified will not be accepted.
Delivery Option: We typically meet you at the Border crossing of your choice within a 60 mile radius of our business. Please note that shipping charges may apply beyond the 90 mile radius. Contact us for a quote. We may deliver into Canada; you will have to call us at 218-463-2481 to obtain a total price.
Important Phone Numbers And Websites That You May Need:
Registrar Of Imported Vehicles
Canada Border Services Agency
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.